Potterton Suprima problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:confused: We have a Potterton Suprima boiler.
We have been having problems with the thing for a few weeks now...We have it turned on constant for this cold weather, yet the heating only stays on for a very short while...(max 90 minutes) then it goes off...the radiators get to stone cold and IF we are lucky it fires up again...but sometimes not for as long as up to FOUR hours...
Our thermostat is set to 30 degrees, yet we do not feel it is anywhere near 30 degrees in temperature...the dial on the boiler is set to Max too...where are we going wrong...?
The hot water seems ok, it is just the heating of the rooms (or lack of it)
Please help someone...

Sponsored Links
Probably a motorised valve problem. Do a search on the forum. By opening valve manually & turning HW on you can get warm rads til you get it sorted properly.

I have just posted a similar problem, I think its the motorised vavle too but hoping for some advice, if i do get any replies il pass it on. What i have done to keep things going is move the motorised valve to manual this seems to give both hot rads and water albeit boiling. hope this keeps you warm till its sorted. leelee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back