pourch guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, wondered if anyone could give me some advice.
Have recently fitted a new plastic roof to my once flat wooden porch, and it is leaking, where i have taken the guttering down, the rain is now getting under the plastic and running down the inside to the front.
There isn't enough room for normal sized guttering under the roof edge.
Was wondering if there is such a thing as a low sided guttering to go under the roof and sit high on the other side to catch the water. Or has anyone got an idea of what i could do.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Since no one else wants to have a go at this one, I'll try. It sounds as if you are getting water creeping back from the edge of the roof, and even if you fitted a gutter you would still have the problem. You will have to get the water to drip from the edge first so the water stays outside. This is done by a drip rail and is a short vertical bit that hangs down from the edge. Then you just have to fix the gutter.

Unfortunately it seems you have redesigned the roof and not considered the implications. You may be able to refit the gutter at a lower level, or perhaps get a much smaller gutter, though if you have a small one, it will overflow in heavy rain.

Have you got a photo?

Hi Oilman thanks for the reply, i haven't got a picture at present but will put one on. where would you get a drip rail from, i could try that and see if it makes a difference.

You may get away with making one out of lead flashing but a photo would help though.

Sponsored Links
Thank you Masona,

I will get a picture on, and have a go at the drip rail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back