Pouring Foundations & Oversite Slab at the same time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Starting a 10m by 4m single story extension in about a month, so just starting to think about foundations.

I've spoken to BC and he's advised a 1.2m trench is required. I have a guy with a digger coming round to dig it all out and I'm going to ask him to reduce the oversite at the same time as he's digging the foundations. Which makes a lot of sense for us as access to the site is time-limited.

I was hoping to also pour the foundations and the oversite in one go, as I require a pump and they're seemingly about 400GBP/day. I can't however figure out a) whether it's possible, b) how to do it.

Anything I've seen online suggest you need to build up to DPM first. I was thinking I might be able to shutter up to DPM level around the perimeter and fill the oversite that way. But no chance I'd be able to compact the sublayers on the oversite that way. Unless I shutter in between foundations and oversite slab, but I don't know if that's acceptable.

Sponsored Links
Oversite for a timber floor? If its a problem just use gravel and a weed membrane.

Wasn't planning on timber floors, but insulation under concrete, with a screed over the top once the central heating pipes were in.

Sponsored Links
You mean a floor slab then, not oversite. No you can't pour this at the same time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back