Powder coating for external table legs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all -
I am planning to build a dining table and chair set using my own wooden tops and pre-purchased legs. I’m opting for black powder coated metal legs but some listings say external use and others don’t. It’s my understanding that powder coating is a weatherproof barrier so is it just a case that some sellers Are covering their arse and some aren’t? Not a topic I know a huge deal about,

thanks

Sponsored Links
I would think if a manufacturer says their products are unsuitable to use externally then you're taking a leap of faith. Perhaps their attention to the powder coating process/materials are less effective than others. Rag N Bone Brown on youtube built an external table/benches with keyclamp pipework/fittings which actually looked OK surprisingly.

Donno. My alloy wheels were redone through powder coating 10 years ago, and they are largely fine.

Sponsored Links
Powder coating is fine for external use.
It does require good preparation (no corrosion or oil contamination) and so long as the surface isn't damaged during use will last for ages.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back