Power down Accenta alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had an electrical storm yesterday which appears to have affected the Accenta alarm. When I came to set last night when going to bed, the alarm would not set, showing an active PIR in the lounge. I checked all PIR,s and all seem to be working ok, with lights going out when the was no motion.

I would like to power down the system and then restart which I am hoping will refresh the system, but not lose any of my existing settings or codes.

How do I power down?

Will the alarm go off if I open the main control panel to disconnect the battery? How do I prevent this?

What is the engineer code?

Any help gratefully received

Sponsored Links
Take out the fuse from the fuse spur if fitted or turn off at fuse board ,open panel disconnect one of the battery terminals, alarm should sound if sab fitted leave 20 seconds re connect power and battery , enter your code , box up panel , press reset...... All done

As allways if it's not had a battery in last five years replace...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back