Accenta 6 Burglar Alarm - No Code

try reading accenta g3 manual idiot PRESS reset reset within 5 seconds to load factory defaults page 16 .............................................

Sponsored Links
Try reading the OP

Accenta 6

I`ll refrain from name calling.

Get your panels right.

You this bad on electrics too?

try reading also i said there was a VERSION that you pressed reset on power up..you need to go to specsavers

Sponsored Links
Not on the 6

You said G3

You really need to get to know what your talking about.

Can you please explain exactly how i have been dangerous? I mean is putting 12 volts across the battery input terminals really that bad? All i was trying to do was reset this alarm to see if it would actaully work.
Not just input terminals though are they?

With NO mains then yes, you could treat them as such...but with mains ON the board is charging the battery so it is an output.

No arm done this time, unit already stuffed by sound of it.

Can you please explain exactly how i have been dangerous? I mean is putting 12 volts across the battery input terminals really that bad? All i was trying to do was reset this alarm to see if it would actaully work.
Not just input terminals though are they?

With NO mains then yes, you could treat them as such...but with mains ON the board is charging the battery so it is an output.

No arm done this time, unit already stuffed by sound of it.

I was wondering when the "enginner" might realsie this.
Wonder how many scratch heads when with no battery fitted there is no charging rate at the leads?

try reading accenta g3 manual idiot PRESS reset reset within 5 seconds to load factory defaults page 16 .............................................

And yet again defaulting information given out without any thought of recourse.
I really hope you have given out info about your own panel during the course of your obvious englightened forray into the security industry.

Guys all i wanted to do was get the alarm working, bin fodder or not. I know a new alarm is not that expensive, but its an expense i could do without at the moment, and in my stubbornness i dont like these things to beat me, is that so bad?? And im sorry if ive missed some info out with regards to the duff battery and how many years i did my electrical engineering training, but as ive said many times before, this is what forums are all about, for novices like me to try and get advice from experts, professionals and other people who have had similar misfortunes to me. I also realise that adding the PSU whilst applying the mains might adversely affect the charging circuit on the alarm, but it was a risk i was willing to try.

Anyway, i think we have come to the conclusion that after all the best efforts, this alarm is going to be used as cannon fodder when i next go clay shooting.

Again, thanks for everyone who contributed to this post, and yes 'Alarm', you were right all along lol, so dont gloat!!

Hope everyone has a good day :D

People only "gloat" when they were unsure in the first place.

Glad you got to the correct conclusion in the end, good shooting.

9651 you are a star!! If you are ever in Worcestershire, let me know, i owe you a beer!! I followed your guide step by step which is different and much clearer than the engineers manual and it worked first time.

I also used my "dangerous" 12 volt PSU to simulate the battery, and i can safely report there were no explosions or fires. I also wired up the PIR, set the alarm, triggered it and managed to unset it. I can now order a battery and new bell box to complete the system :D

Can anyone recommend a site to get these parts? Ive looked at TLC direct but im not keen on there delivery costs. Ive also looked at Screwfix, but they dont sell batterys.

Again many many thanks, you are a credit to this site.

Just an update, i have now bought a new battery and bell box and fitted these at the weekend and all is working as expected. I am however finding the LED keypad quite hard to use, to set up programs and change codes etc, so am i able to change this for an LCD type? I have followed the manual to change the engineer code, but it just won't work. I did manage to change the user code, but again, this wasn't as per instructions.

My RKP looks exactly like this: http://ukpanels.com/photos/main.php?g2_itemId=88

Thanks,
Dave

There used to be a LCD that we fitted on a years ago, but never seen any for years. Current G4 lcd's wont work as far as i know. Are you sure you have the right manual, they really are a piece of cake. PM me with any Q's if you like, i can programme them in my sleep

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back