Power flushing a new boiler install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Is it necessary to power flush all new boiler installs when installing onto an old heating system? Or does it depend on the age/cleanliness of the system the new boiler is being installed onto?

I'm asking this because i've installed a few boilers with a plumber I work with, and we usually give it a hot flush initially, then put some system cleaner in for a few days before the final fill.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It is not a requirement, in my 'limited' knowledge i haven't seen any manufacturer actually spec power flushing.

I do it as a matter of belt and bracer's so to speak. Nobody is going to tell me i didn't install/clean the system correctly and therefore voided the warranty.

I think all manufactures list how to flush the system correctly in the commissioning section of the instructions and if you did it exactly as they say without power flushing it is gonna take a very long time, to get it as clean as they expect it.

Hello,

Is it necessary to power flush all new boiler installs when installing onto an old heating system? Or does it depend on the age/cleanliness of the system the new boiler is being installed onto?

Thanks

If the installer is first rate and gives an unconditional guarantee on his installation then its up to him how he decides to clean it because any deficiencies will result in call backs which will be attended free of charge.

The boiler makers usually require that the system water is treated to BS 7593 but at the end of the day the requirement is that its clean and does not have any debris in it.

Tony

Sponsored Links
CLF why are you lmao as bench mark or manufacturers do not ask for POWER flushing what it asks for is for the system to be flushed and to be clean . This can be done without power flushing.
In response to original question experience and looking at condition of water coming out will dictate wether flush req.
Simple on any job an experiencedd guy will have noticed loads and loads of stuff without even saying a word

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back