Power Flushing & British Gas

The Envoy is an oddity!

I have alreays read that its very unreliable but I have never been called to repair one and there are several estates where they were installed within our area.

I even did a plumbing repair at a house on one estate and they said their three year old Envoy had not given any problem nor had their neighbours as far as they knew.

Tony

Sponsored Links
The only thing i have ever had to fix on envoy's are the hot ignitors. I carry one on the van as its a quick 30min job.

The Envoy is an oddity!

I have alreays read that its very unreliable but I have never been called to repair one and there are several estates where they were installed within our area.

I even did a plumbing repair at a house on one estate and they said their three year old Envoy had not given any problem nor had their neighbours as far as they knew.

Tony

lucky people.

i know of three in my area. im on first name terms with the customers.....envoys are utter c.rap.

known major issues-

1) the igniter is possibly the most fragile thing since glass.
2)if you try to remove the igniter the screws are rusted in
3)the only way to reliably remove said screws is to remove the sump
4) this leads to a total rebuild of the sump and all of its components......burner,insulation panels,detection probe, sump seal and while your at it order a combustion test point screw as it is definately buggered even if you think its not.
5)condensate leaks onto the gas pipe leading to major gas leaks
6)condensate leaks onto the bottom tray leading to a hole in the bottom right side

on the plus side its self diagnostics always know its gone wrong once a week and are very accurate. :D

Sponsored Links
The only thing i have ever had to fix on envoy's are the hot ignitors. I carry one on the van as its a quick 30min job.

hope you replace all them gaskets that always leak

So far every one ive changed ive just removed the ignitor and clamp. Put a fresh gasket on the ignitor and screw back down.

well done then, on all the ones around here its all but impossible to get the screws out even with whole sump out :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back