Power flushing cental heating prior to new boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Can anyone advise regarding powerflushing central heating system?
Its a conventional system, header tank in loft, 12 rads variose size, Heat only baxi boiler (70/4 pf 20.5 kw,over 20 yrs old)

Am looking to have installed a new boiler (heat only condensing) But do not want to spend good money on flushing if this something I can carry out myself.

This system was installed by me and has been maintained/repaired as time has progressed, I know every pipe,valve, bend,tank, joint and radiator personally, the floorboards jump up at a click of my fingers.
Legislation prevents me now from gas and electrical work, that I can live with, but will not accept flushing is beyond my skill set.
In summary, will a new boiler carry a garruantee without a gas safe fitter certifying that a flush was carried out prior to replacing boiler.
And any thoughts on best way to flush out system.
Many thanks. PTJ

Sponsored Links
The boiler needs to be installed on a clean system.

BS7593 gives instructions for cleaning a system.

Most manufacturers ask that the system is cleaned in accordance with BS7593 and the chemicals used are asked for on the Benchmark Certificate.

power flushing is not specifically required unless its necessary to ensure the system is clean.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back