Power in shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just want to run this by the experts to make sure it would be ok
Planning on getting power to an outside shed, for 1 socket.
Because of the existing setup etc I was going to utilise an existing circuit that is no longer used.

MK CU with RCD - 15A MCB
20 metre run in total - ~5m in 2.5mm T&E, joining to 2.5mm 3 core SWA for the remainder (buried for about 10m). Terminated into a CU at shed end with 15A MCB for the socket.
I think volt drop etc will be ok for this length of run and 2.5 will just do the job.

Does that sound ok?

Cheers
Neil

Sponsored Links
Sounds fine to me, that will work OK. I see you are in Scotland so you don't need to worry about Part P regs.

No need to buy another CU and 15A MCB for the shed. The cable is already protected at 15A at the CU in the house. Just run the cable into a double pole 20A switch for means of isolation and then to the socket.

I guess there is no main bonds required in this shed? (structual steel, water pipes etc...)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back