Power Outage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a power out in the early hours of the morning-the Cooper 9751 alarm system which was unset gave out a beep warning to say the power was off. I did a reset to stop the internal warning beep. About 3 hours later the external bell went off-I could not reset it as the Keypad indicated no power to it-all I could do was let the battery drain down.
The system was set up that the external bell was turned off. Power came on and now back to normal
Any ideas on how this or why it happened and how to stop the bell from ringing?

Sponsored Links
Your battery is not doing its job.If you are not under any contract , carefully open the main panel , have a look at the battery and get yourself a replacement from Maplin or Screwfix.

as above but fit a 12v 7amp hour (AH) battery;

open control panel (white box with all the cabling in it)
eneter your code to stop the noise (tamper alert)
remove battery
fit new battery please date battery (so you know when you fitted it)
fit cover back on
reset system by entering your code twice

thats it really

Don't go opening the panel if you don't have the engineer code, or you don't fancy defaulting the panel: these panels require an engineer reset if the main panel is opened or the battery is removed.

Sponsored Links
only if programmed so, i have never come accross a domestic using a 9751 with engineer rest in use.

if the OP can reset after an alarm they can rest after taking the cover off.

John

Coopers 7571 system

For a while now the 723r radio 'fobs' keep loosing there transmit settings and I have to re-install them again say after 2/3 uses. I have changed their batteries and the 722r panic alarm one has packed up completely.
Help appreciated-thanks.
Peter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back