Veritas 8c alarm problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Pressing the buttons on the panel produces no "beeps" and alarm will not set.
The "reset" green light is flashing and not steady as usual. The green "power" light is lit with or without mains power.
I started to remove cover to replace the battery, having removed mains power, and the external bell sounded but not loud.
There is no mention in the manual of a flashing reset light.
Any thoughts as to how to proceed please?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Many thanks , just noticed now I've turned my hearing aid on:giggle:! that there is a very faint beep when using the keypad. Can I stop the siren from sounding while I remove the cover to replace the battery, do I use an engineering code 4321?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You will need to do a full power down, put new batt in and restore power. You will then beed to wait for all zones to go closed circuit, and type in the user code or if that doesnt work 4321. The panel will likeley have defaulted and need reprogramming

Thanks to both. I now feel a total idiot.
Seems the main power supply had tripped out on the consumer unit.
Unset light is now steady and unit is armed .
Many thanks again!

If you put alarm panels into engineers mode you can usually open the box without the alarm activating and replace the battery, however you do have to be aware of the incoming mains supply if it isn't switched off.

Counting the beeps should find there are 10 and the flashing light indicate a power fault, you can arm the system in the normal way and omit 0 prog and the system should no longer be beeping and the system should set.

Main causes are a power trip or battery failure for the power fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back