veritas 8c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
recently re installed my veritas 8c alarm system. After reconnecting all the wires back up i followed the commissioning section in manual. attached battery all lights lit up then went out apart from zone 4. After checking and rechecking wiring even changed battery still zone 4 lights and beeps. So now i have disconnect all the wires associated with zone 4, retried and guess what zone 4 light lit and beeps.. please help.

Sponsored Links
If you disconnect the wires the zone will be open circuit hence it will show in alarm state, to prove the panel you need to put a short across the two terminals for zone 4.

You may be better posting this in alarms, I'll ask for it to be moved.

Then get a multimeter and check the detection loop you had connected to the terminals on Z4 is continuous. If not, you need to find the break!

Yep, when testing the alarm loop, disconnect it in the detector and twist it together to check you have a loop.

Check the contacts on the detector open and close - with a PIR they will only close when there is power tot he detector. No power, no loop, panel will be in alarm.

If that zone is a PIR, check your supply polarity to it.

Sponsored Links
Dodgy magnetic contacts and joints under carpets are often to blame!

The best way to wire an alarm system is one cable per device and run it straight back to the panel, then all the joints are safely in one place, the devices can then be configured as you like and altered to suit any changes in the use of the building.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back