Veritas 8C red lights zone 1 and 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am new to this forum and would like some one to help me with alarm problem I am having please?
I have replaced the battery on Veritas 8C. Now can't set the alarm.
When trying to set it - its zone 1 and 2 lights are red and makes a beeping noise but does not set the alarm.
Any ideas how to fix this please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
where are zones 1 and 2, chances are the zones are active because someone is in front of sensor or a door is open?

Also possible when you replaced the battery that the cables were pulled from the zones?

how do I check the zones? we bought this house in five years ago and only had pin to set the alarm nothing else.
how do i check the zone cables?

also when i replaced the battery I had to reset the user code as it did not accept the code. had to use default code and changed to a new code.
its not that the its been reset to factory defaults and needs zone setting again?

Sponsored Links
if the codes were reset after replacing the battery the panel was defaulted, but that in itself doesn't mean anything.

a zone remaining open during the setting procedure means the alarm wont set.

I would open the panel and look at zones 1 and 2 first, then look at doing a walk test.

i opened the panel wasn't able to see any thing wrong?
what am Looking for Z1 and 2? any lights or any thing else?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back