POWER SHOWER - HELP!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I moved in two years ago a power shower was already fitted in this worked fine, but always had a constant drip from the shower head. Over time it developed another drip from the shower unit - so when planning to get the bathroom re-decorated I have decided to get a new power shower fitted (I do have a back boiler not a combi). Problem is (or is a problem) the old power shower has the cold water fed from the mains and not from the tank above which is in the loft?

If the new power shower is installed the same way (fed to the mains) will I have problems like I do with the old power shower?

What are the pro's and con's if any???

Sponsored Links
The power showers I'm familiar with use a cold feed from the tank, so the hot and cold supplies are at similar pressures.

Thank you so much for a quick reply, would you not recommend a fed from the mains then? What problems would I endeavor?

Problem is (or is a problem) the old power shower has the cold water fed from the mains and not from the tank above which is in the loft?

You might want to research venturi showers, which are designed for this situation. Essentially, they use the high pressure cold supply to suck hot water from the cylinder.

Sponsored Links
Just to be clear here, are you talking about:

1. A shower pump with a dual impeller which pumps stored hot and cold water simultaneously to the shower head for mixing and is known as a "Power Shower"

or:

2. A shower with an integral electric heater fed from the cold water main only which heats the water as it flows though it, known as an "Instantaneous electric shower"

Just to be clear here, are you talking about:

1. A shower pump with a dual impeller which pumps stored hot and cold water simultaneously to the shower head for mixing and is known as a "Power Shower"

or:

2. A shower with an integral electric heater fed from the cold water main only which heats the water as it flows though it, known as an "Instantaneous electric shower"

Good point - nice to be accurate :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back