Power Shower fitting Troubles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly I must say I'm not expert when it comes to plumbing. I'm sure this will be evident when you here my problem. I have been trying to fit a new Power Shower (NewTeam NT 1500-XT), due to the existing electirc shower having broken and I was given a brand new power shower for free.

I fitted the shower with no problems running the hot feed from the top of the cistern. However, for the cold feed for the shower I simply used the exisitng cold feed to the old electric shower. I then had troubles with the pressure from the cold feed. I have since worked out that the cold feed was mains fed. I re-jigged things so that the cold feed was coming from the cold feed from the water tank in the loft. I now cannot get any cold water though the shower at all. Is this down to low pressure or have I damaged the pump by running mains water through it initially.

Any suggestions would be greatly recieved.

Regards

Sponsored Links
the shower would come with fitting instuctions explaining what head of water is reqd, do you have enough? but if the hot is ok are you sure you dont have a restriction on the cold supply

Just had a look at the shower. The hot and cold feeds have pressure too them but i'm not sure if there enough. Would lowering the shower unit help? The instructions say that a minimum of 1 meter form the bottom of the water tank, does that mean that if i lower the unit it will get better head/ better pressure?

Also, I have a feeling that there is a problem with the mixing valve, as water gets to the inlet of the valve at one side but doesn't come out the opposite side.

leave the shower where it is it states 1m head you have 1m head. so the gravity side is ok, then the pump takes over.
remove the two inlet filters and see whats happening then.
as you say hot is ok and see whats happening with the cold

Sponsored Links
Any ideas where i can find the filters to remove, I have taken the whole mixing valve out, not sure where the filters are to take out?

not sure about your shower as i don't touch newteam showers but they are usally just after the two inlet connections in the shower unit under a plate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back