Power shower(mira event)

O

oompah

when the shower is first turned on the pressure is fine but when you try to increase the power to get a decent shower the pressure remains about the same any ideas?is the pump likely tobe on the way out or if i can find the tech data is there a filter in side possibly blocked.The shower is about 6 years old.

Sponsored Links
oompah said:
when the shower is first turned on the pressure is fine but when you try to increase the power to get a decent shower the pressure remains about the same any ideas?
Does the pump noise change, or stay the same?

is the pump likely tobe on the way out or if i can find the tech data is there a filter in side possibly blocked.
Could be either. See here:

http://www.showerdoc.co.uk/shower-spares/mira/index.html

You might have to have the shower apart and measure the flow rate of the supplies in case there's a restriction elsewhere.

Isolate electrically before opening the cover.

The pump noise stays the same ,hot water comes from hwc ,cold comes from tank in the loft, no where else in the house seems tobe affected by flow probs so i`m thinking problem is in the housing somewhere

oompah said:
no where else in the house seems tobe affected by flow probs so i`m thinking problem is in the housing somewhere
That's an unusual approach to fault-finding!

Remember - you don't know where the problem isn't until you know where the problem is. ;)

Sponsored Links
Managed to find the instructions and phoned Mira turns out the problem is a micro switch so no flow problems then.Have ordered part for the price of£8.32.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back