Power Shower performance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Query with regard to power shower: the manufacturers Bristan etc are useless with technical information. Does anyone know what sort of flow rate these units give with the cold tank only approx half a meter over the shower head. The literature says for instance max flow 14 l/min minimum flow 8 l/min (at open outlet).

Anybody got experience of fitting one with this small head.

Regards

Tim

Sponsored Links
You have half of one tenth of a bar or 0.05 bar.
My 5 year old granddaughter probably pees better than that.

You say in your title "Power shower". What shower is it?
The Bristan Hydropower 1500 leaflet says minimum 0.1 bar - double what you've got. It also states 10 lpm to an open outlet.
http://www.bristan.com/WebRoot/BristanNewDB/Shops/Bristan/Products/WEB_DATA-1061210-D1.PDF
There is, however, a negative-head kit available.

Bristan are usually helpful.

Thanks for your reply but I can work all that out for myself thanks.

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know what sort of flow rate these units give with the cold tank only approx half a meter over the shower head. The literature says for instance max flow 14 l/min minimum flow 8 l/min (at open outlet).

Having the cws only 1/2 m instead of 1m above only effects the eco mode not the boost mode.

I don't really see the point of eco mode you buy a power shower for performance so why use on gravity mode.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back