Replacement Power Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am completely refurbishing my shower room leaving all the existing plumbing and floor to ceiling tiling in situ.

My current power shower is a power force 2000 which is at least 20 years + old but in good working order and considering replacing with a bristan as the hot/cold inlets are the same at 40mm centres, but on reading bristans installation instructions they say that their showers need to be positioned with a minimum 1m head of water but the Power Shower has worked perfectly with less than 100mm head of cold water.

Are there any other very reliable power showers with a left or right water entry at 40mm centres?

Sponsored Links
My current power shower is a power force 2000
You mean showerforce.

bristans installation instructions they say that their showers need to be positioned with a minimum 1m head of water but the Power Shower has worked perfectly with less than 100mm head of cold water.

1M is from the cws to the top of the shower unit.
100mm i doubt you have got you unit that high more like the shower head.

showerforce, bristan, newteam were all part of the same group that's why you'll find their showers are identical.

Thank you for your comments, you are right my old unit is a Shower Force.

The old unit cws is adjacent to the airing cupboard where the hw cylinder and cws tank is located and as said previously the cws pipe has only between 75-100mm head of water and works perfectly.

Right i get you.
The 1m is more of a guide for the water pressure to hold the diaphragm
closed when the shower is off.
But the shower will work ok providing it's below the cws as it's only gravity fed.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your advice which is reassuring.

I will probably buy a Bristan to replace the existing, have you any further advice and bad experiences with Bristan and what is the best model for simplicity and reliability?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back