power shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
looking to install a shower that will provide more than the average trickle of water that one has to chase. Plumbers appear to be divided in their opinion. Living in a "standard" house. Cold water loft, hot next to bathroom (80 ltrs. tank?) Do I want a Power Shower a la DIY Shop or do I need a pump and does that mean a bigger capacity is needed for hot water tank? I am lost with all the options.

Sponsored Links
Well if you go for a mains-fed electric shower you want to get one with the highest power (wattage) possible, so that it can warm as much water up as possible. They are a bit expensive to run though if you work it out but then replacing your water tank will be a large outlay at the start.
How many people will be using it ?

Hi,
tried to reply before but something went wrong, so here it goes again.
Thanks for your suggestion. It is only 2 people using it and I know it is rather selfish to be wanting all that water.
I looked into Power Showers at a store that gives them ratings according to waterflow. The option off an added pump to a mixer shower sounds the most powerful option but now I am having to think will my hot water tank be big enough. The rating I got was a 16 (if that means anything) My tank will take 120 ltrs I belive. Has anyone tried this option?

I put in a mira extreme power shower for myself 16 litres per minute, turn that onto massage setting and you could jetwash the patio. Seperate cold feed tank in the loft and hot water from the storage cylinder. Brand new unit about £300 not much more than a good quality pump......my favourite buy of last year :D

Sponsored Links
Thanks Ollski, sounds like the thing I am looking for. Did you have to buy a larger hot water cilynder? I now had a rough quote for fixing it. £ 200 labour and £ 60 to 100 for parts. Does that sound about right? This is defenetly not something for me to attempt without casualties.

I have the same project in mind BUT don't want to fit an extreme pump. Does anyone know of a less powerful pump that will, say, enhance the ususal flow without going to the extremes of 12 - 16 ltrs per minute.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back