Power supply for an above ground swimming pool

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would very much appreciate some advice! I have purchased an 18ft pool for the kids and as the weather has not been that kind recently, I wish to buy a 5kw pool heater (appropriate for heating up to 18ft pools). On reading the information, it says that it will require a power cable/supply for 23 amps. I am in no way technically minded, but I do know that plug sockets are up to 13 amps (hope I am right on this?!) so I doubt I would be able to just 'plug it in'

I am going to have to consult an Electrician to possibly connect an outside cable etc, so would appreciate advice on what to ask for; what would be required etc and does anyone know how much it might cost?

Thanks very much!

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you do need a spark in.
Just tell them what you want and they will see to it. You will need an armoured cable with RCD protection for such an application.
For prices - get at least 3 quotes and take it from there.

I am wondering if you realise the implications and costs of this. (there is nor cheap way)

Tell them they will have to lump it.

Sponsored Links
the electrican will be able to select a suitable cable size given the loading and other installation conditions.

It will save you a lot of money if you dig the trench yourself but talk to your electrician before starting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back