power supply to my garage?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the power supply to my garage comes out just under the front room floor level which is about 8 foot up on the end of my house as i live on a hill the twin and earth cable 2.5mm then goes into a metal conduit box (round type) where it joins to swa cable 2.5mm via three 15amp connector blocks which are sealed over with electrical putty the swa then runs down the wall and under ground to the garage. does this meet iee regs or building regs. any help will be of great help as i have a snagging day in the house with the site manger in the morning .thanks jay.ps the gland packs used on the swa are internal type and not external type.

Sponsored Links
The connection doesnt sound like too much to worry about. The gland as you say should really be an external gland but this isn't a massive problem as you say all the connections have been sealed against moisture anyway. What does the armoured feed in the garage? Is the 2.5mm2 twin and earth spurred off the socket circuit or is it fed straight from your consumer unit?

not sure till i get to see inside the house in the morning, should it be fed from dis board via a 30ma rcd ? as the twin and earth comes out side the house and is not armerd is it illegal as it is subject to damage/cutting? should the armerd cable run right to the fuse box? it feeds a fuse board which powers 2 lights and a double socket. does the cable size need to be bigger as to reflect the loading on the garage main fuse /isolater as extra loads will be added to the garage fuse board up to or near to the fuse rating in the garage con unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back