power to a shed

7 Aug 2006
Reaction score
United Kingdom
When I moved to my present property I inherited a large shed with a power supply from the house through armoured cable to a cu from which there is a circuit to a single light and another circuit to a two double sockets.

I now want to move the shed about twenty metres. Can I just disconnect the armored cable from the cu, and connect the existing cable to new cable long enough to reach the new position position for the shed?
Sponsored Links
How long is a piece of string?

How long is the existing circuit?

How big is the existing cable?

What is your design current on the new circuit?

What size is the protective device?

Has the circuit RCD protection?

Are you aware of Part P?

Will my cat die tomorrow?

Will I die tomorrow?
securespark said:
Will my cat die tomorrow?

Will I die tomorrow?
1. probably not

2. dont know. do you smoke? do you have a healthy diet? your question has nearly been answered now anyway, only 7 hours to go :LOL:
Sponsored Links
securespark said:
Will I die tomorrow?

I don't know,

are you planning on driving like a maniac?
how many live CU changes have you got booked?
are you going to cook chips after getting in ****ed from the pub?

Answer these and state any other relevant factors and we will give you a percentage chance....


DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local