power to shed

B

breezer

seeing as this is a very popular question, we always say try a search for .....

I am looking for volunteers to write somethings in plain english.

please post your reply under this, i will then ask the mods to delete this post.

oddly enough, with the search facility the way it is , searching is not always easy, but i was going to add a lik to this post in the sticky.

Sponsored Links
The problem is that how you supply a shed is dependent on how far away it is, what the load is, what route the cable will take etc, and once you start to cover all those points you suddenly find you're writing a textbook.

Then you've got the issues of PME supplies and extraneous-conductive parts, the differences of opinion on whether the cable needs RCD protection. And what of the fact that my preferred method requires you to pull the service fuse if you don't have an isolator?

I know that searching isn't easy, but it will return a wealth of jigsaw pieces, and I wonder how far we should go in spoon-feeding people instructions on how to supply a shed when they lack the fundamental knowledge they should have. It is so not just like putting a plug on something but with thicker cable...

I was thinking a long same lines. There are far too many permutations.

Sponsored Links
my fault, the question does not come across they way i intended it to.

for now dont worry about it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back