Power tool hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few days ago I used my blue Boash Jigsaw for a quick job in workshop,put it down on bench, got back to workshop this morning and found the tool was warm to touch so was bench,I know we should switch of everything ,but you know,wife want this,cats want that,chicken pop hole needs cutting,just rushed out and forgot to unplug, is this normal,(tool geting warm i mean) :?: :eek:

Sponsored Links
A few days ago I used my blue Boash Jigsaw for a quick job in workshop,put it down on bench, got back to workshop this morning and found the tool was warm to touch so was bench,I know we should switch of everything ,but you know,wife want this,cats want that,chicken pop hole needs cutting,just rushed out and forgot to unplug, is this normal,(tool geting warm i mean) :?: :eek:

I'd take it to a local repairer and ask them to do an insulation test on it - it's normal for a tool to get hot / warm during use, but it shouldn't still be warm a couple of days later.

Would strongly advise against using it until it's been properly checked over, and should cost no more than £5 - £10 to do the check as it's a 2 minute job.

Shouldnt be hot if all its done is sat there whilst plugged in. Id send it back to Bosch. Blue has 3 years warranty.....

Perhaps one of your chickens has been sat on it over the weekend (or even the cat) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Is your machine hot to touch or just slightly warm?
If it's slightly warm that is probably normal - like all other electrical devices that are left off but plugged in (like your TV) it could get slightly warm..

That may be normal with a TV on standby, but not a jigsaw. There should be absolutely no power consumption when not in use, and as such no heat being generated.

Years ago I found the switch / speed control on an old jigsaw I had didn't always fully release when I released the trigger, so the motor still turned very slowly, probably about one stroke per minute.

Cleaning away the accumulation of sawdust in and around the trigger put that to rights.

Years ago I found the switch / speed control on an old jigsaw I had didn't always fully release when I released the trigger, so the motor still turned very slowly, probably about one stroke per minute.

Cleaning away the accumulation of sawdust in and around the trigger put that to rights.

Thanks ticklyt i will look to see if it is gummed up, if not yes i will take it back under gurantee Thanks everyone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back