Best tool for the tasks at hand....

A quick update on this I found out at weekend that my jigsaw actually had a 22.5 degree angle on it so I can do the angle with this. What I am not too sure about though (as I haven't used my jigsaw to angle before) would I just follow my straight line as usual with my marker on the footplate? as when I tried this I still had some of my line left although I was following it with my footplate marker.

Is this normal or have I positioned this incorrectly?

Thanks

James

Sponsored Links
Sounds about normal. At best the jigsaw isn't a very accurate tool. Any lines or so on are going to be approximate. Unless the axis of rotation to get the different angles was exactly on the line , the blade, and hence the cut is going to "move" from the line. Try a trial cut in some scrap and then mark the new line with a dab of white paint, or just guesstimate it once you know where it cuts.

Thanks I was unsure since I have never used a jigsaw to cut on an angle before and wanted to ensure this was fine and normal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back