Power Tool Recommendations.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is my first post under this forum so please kind to this inexperianced guy :) .

I am half way through my Plumbing course and people as usual ask can i do this, can i do that plumbing job for them. What i would appreciate is some advice on buying a power tool with the ability to drill through brickwork,wood,masonary. There is a multitude of choices to be made, but i thought i would ask the experianced people for their advice through this forum. I have roughly 150-200 to spend, perhaps a little more.So please any advice is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
How's about one of these? The rotation stop is useful for light chasing, brick removal, etc and tbeing below your budget you could use a bit of dosh on some SDS drills and chisels, etc. I have an older version of this drill, but without rotation stop, which is now more than 20 years old. In that time it's gone through switches (one), capacitors (two) and sets of brushes (4 or 5) and it looks like sh*t, but it still drills holes. When (if?) it dies I'll buy Bosch again and go for the rotation stop - got that on a bigger Atlas-Copco and it really is a time saver.

Scrit

Sponsored Links
If you are looking for a basic corded tool, I would try the Hilti TE2. It's got guts and if you talk nice to the guys you could pick one up for between 130 - 150 quid. Also the two year guarentee is worth more than any other- It includes wear and tear!! I've seen machines go back with the plugs slashed off, fronts bashed in and coming back from repair like a brand new tool!! If I had the money I would go for the TE2-M as it comes with 2 chucks (sds and jacobs) and a reduced hammering action so you can drill through tiles without busting them!!! It's about £40 more....not bad since the extra chuck on its on is £70!!! good luck!

Now that's a good question!! :p

If you go into your local Hilti proshop and get in contact with the local rep- u can haggle like mad and get a decent price. Tell them a mate got a TE2 for 125+ vat and could get a TE2-M for £180!! Watch him squirm a bit and then say should you buy it from your mate who can get it say.....down the country. He'll bite and it's all yours!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back