"Powerflushing"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Gents...
I am a CORGI registered installer/fitter/teaboy/cleaner and Director.. (You know what it's like when you work for yourself). I am looking at getting a Powerflushing system and to be honest have not really found many of these around so I can compare the differences.
The one that I have heard reasonable reviews on is made by KAMCO. Can anybody please post their comments on what they have found to be the best and are they really as good as the literature says they are.
Thanks Gents

Sponsored Links
Have used Kamco. Hoses are a little fidly.

I have purchased a Fernox machine. Long hoses, well built, overflow connection so water does not spill over the container, able to handle hot water. If you have an account with Plumbcentre, go see them- machine on special offer.

Do you get good results from the Fernox machine, and are there different pump sizes for larger houses.

I've got a Kamco, it has an overflow, but I'd never rely on one. It has a pump which will take any of the heating system chemicals from any maker. If you don't like fiddly hoses, you can have quick release fittings.

I haven't any complaints, and they have just produced a circulating pump adaptor which makes attaching the machine easier

Sponsored Links
Call Abcot 02089975333 and get their pubs on the flusher they do. Kamco clone, same spec. Fewer hoses but much cheaper. Fernox machine has stronger pump, but Kamco is probably market leader. Lots on gas-news site about machines.

I have abcot machine. Pump is adequate but bigger would be better if you have sub-optimal connection, eg through rad valves. If I need to blast through somewhere I use the mains.

What are the price differences (Any Ideas).. Maybe a silly question because I know that we all are very much aware that in this job YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR !!!
I will check out Abcot, and Fernox machine, what is the Gas-Site you mentioned (The CORGI one)?
Can you use different manufacturers chemicals in all the mentioned machines and are they all strong enough for the average 3,4 or 5 Bed house. I would rather pay a bit more and get a machine that will do the job to a higher standard and will clear all the flux,sludge and other unmentionable things that are lurking in some peoples heating systems.
Oilman what KAMCO model did you go for?
Thanks Gents

The Abcot machine is £3xx and the same thing as the Kamco one - different badge, and I think the handle is different!

Typical ruddy plumber, you didn't read the instructions! I said gas-news not gas-site! Add .co.uk - thought you might work that bit out!

They'll all do 3 storey houses. You only flush one rad at a time so the number doesn't matter. SOme will handle hotter fluids than others. All on gas-news, I put a lot of it there.

NOT an area where you get what you pay for, imho. All you're getting is a pump in a bucket. Now why should that cost a grand?

Chris.... I agree totally... We are all to easily led down the line of... "You need this and because we think you earn a fortune we will charge you 4 times what it is actually worth..."
Thanks for all the info... I appreciate it..
I am off down the newsagent to order my copy of Gas news, is it on the top shelf next to the dirty mags....Ha Ha..
Cheers Mate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back