Powermax 155 High Limit.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, very quick question... does anyone know the most likeley causes for the high limit stat to keep tripping on the powermax 155. Its the left hand one as you look from the front not the other one. It's in a rental property I own and I'm going away on holiday and would like to help the tenant before I go. ... obviously I'm not going to touch anything to do with Gas but if it's something like a faulty pump or thermostat I am capable of that or at least can give the info to the guy who does my Gas Safety Certificate and get him to fix it.. (he admits to not knowing a lot about how these work)

Any helpful answers gratefully recieved... I already know the "rip it out " answer and will be doing that but not possible before I go away... and I do need to get the poor man hot water before the nieghbours start to complain about the smell !!!!

Sponsored Links
The most likely cause for this is failure of the pump at the bottom.This is a single speed pump used to keep the water in the store moving so as not to create hot spots.Check that the pump is working.Changing the pump is a nightmare if the valves are knackered.

OK thanks for that very helpful. I can do a pump if thats all it is... If the valves are knackered I presume that means having to empty the store to fit new valves ?...

its likely the pump could be stuck as the house was unoccupied for about a month I'll go and have a look at it later maybe I can free it up.

Thanks again

to do the pump you need to drain the store and replace the pump and valves as they will leak....stick a standard grunfoss back on tho.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back