Powermax 155

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, im wondering if anyone could help with my problem.

I have the above boiler. its about 3 years old and has worked fine for hot water and CH.

Today the programed times didnt fire the boiler and therefore there isnt any HW. If I pressed advance it would normally skip to the next on time and fire up. Today it didnt. I held - and enter to reset the program incase it was frozen, but that didnt fix.

I can switch the boiler to hot water continuious and the boiler fires up. I can also cycle the HW from Auto to all day and 24hrs and again the boiler will fire up. It seems the problem is to do with the auto program.

Its also seems as if the auto program for the CH works but HW doesnt.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks
Steve

Sponsored Links
Well in the absence of any other clues it does seem that its the programmer at fault if it makes no attempt to start the boiler.

Really that should be checked electrically to confirm that the programmer is not giving the output signal before rushing out and changing it.

Tony

thanks for the reply.

Its strange, the panel works fine, setting times, changing modes. It just wont work when you set it to auto. One thing I did notice was that when I first noticed a problem, I looked at the programmer panel and the clock said 11.30pm (it was 6:35am) Somehow its changed time.

Does these units have a backup battery? if so if this was dead would the auto program not work?

Sponsored Links
They do have a back up battery which is used to retain the clock function if the power fails. This is usually soldered onto the PCB and is not intended to be a user replaceable item. They usually last at least 5 years!

The time settings are held in a non-volatile memory and are not reliant on the backup battery.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back