powermax 155x

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have been asked to repair a powermax 155x which some has recently broke 3 burner bolts off in the heat exchanger.
has any one got experience on how to remove broke bolts and how to fit the replacement hank bushes,is there a sepcial tool required to fit these.
all parts i need are in stock in parts center,which is a suprise.
any ideas lads.

Sponsored Links
a lot of people say that i find it easy to work on these monsters.
i can charge more money to work on these boilers and i do.
there are extra safety checks to carry out to confirm correct operation just takes more time.
cheers

That is the one job on these I would recommend calling in heat team, they carry the tools to replace them on site afaik.

Sponsored Links
If you can complete the repair for less than the Heat team fixed charge then why not if you are competent to do it.

All I can say you dont sound too confident at drilling, using screw extractors and tapping ( if thats whats required! )

I certainly dont think you should be getting involved if you are intending to charge more than Heat team. That sounds rather cowboyish!

Tony

bob1960 said:
recently broke 3 burner bolts off in the heat exchanger.

If the 3 bolts are all next to each other I would ID this boiler.

It could be leaking CO and there is a possibility of the burner head 'blowing up' off of the tank assy, the two brackets were fitted retrospectively after this was found to be the case.

thanks the boiler is already has the gas capped off,labelled and a warning notice issued.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back