pre fab garage plans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a garage delivered. It will be under 30m2 floor area so that I do not have to have building control issues. Do I need professionally drawn plans for a pre fab for planning permission? Can the company that supplies the garage supply plans? It's from a firm called Pudsey

Sponsored Links
andypandy said:
Can the company that supplies the garage supply plans? It's from a firm called Pudsey

why are you asking us? you are the one buying it, ask them

andypandy said:
Do I need professionally drawn plans for a pre fab for planning permission? Can the company that supplies the garage supply plans? It's from a firm called Pudsey
No it need to follow building regulations, so not planning permission. Example: flat roof no more than 3m high or pitch roof no more than 4m high and 1 metre from the boundary and so on. The building regs is available from the BCO but as Breezer pointed out give them a ring as they should know the regulations

More info here

Sponsored Links
From Masona's link http://www.sefton.gov.uk/content-3535#1420 -

Do I need approval to build a detached garage, shed etc in my garden?
Building Regulations : Yes, but a single storey garage at ground level, under 30m2 in floor area and with no sleeping accommodation, is exempt provided either:

it is built substantially of non-combustible material; or
when built it has a clear space of 1 metre from the boundary of the property.

For advice on whether your detached garage will be built substantially of non-combustible materials contact the Building Control service.

So its only planning permission in consideration if its just a garage thats concrete/brick/metal - to find out if you need PP enquire with your local planning authority

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back