Pre Fab Garage Repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Well it's been a few years since I've used the forum. Now back on it as I am currently hoping to exchange on our family home within the next few weeks.

At our new house there is a concrete prefab garage and the end of the garden which has seen better days as you can see from the photos.

My questions are:

a) I would like to move the position of the current up and over door to the opposite end as I'm going to fence all round the garden, is this easy to do?
b) Is it still possible to get side doors for these garages?
c) The roof has a few holes over it, it is not asbestos, and the metal roof frames are rusty, are these easy to get hold off and replace?

As you can see from the photos the current vendor has placed breeze blocks at one end to fit the unfitted blue door in, he is also leaving me some spare concrete slabs which I think can be used on the garage some where!!

I would prefer to get it repaired firstly as a new one is roughly £3500.

Are there any companies on the south coast that repair these sort of garages?

Any help would be most appricated as pre fab garages are new to me!!

Cheers,

Simon :D

Sponsored Links
At our new house there is a concrete prefab garage and the end of the garden
I'm struggling to understand how much of it is pre-fabricated. Looks like just the sides to me.

which has seen better days as you can see from the photos.
TBH I've seen worse.

I would like to move the position of the current up and over door to the opposite end as I'm going to fence all round the garden, is this easy to do?
Depends how easy you will find it to brick up one end and open up the other.

Is it still possible to get side doors for these garages?
IHNI, but if you can it will just be a frame which fits between 2 uprights, so you'd need to remove the roof, remove a section of panels by undoing the clamps and then sliding them up and out, then installing the frame and (probably) sliding 1 or 2 panels back in and then fit the door and replace the roof.

Are you sure about this?

The roof has a few holes over it, it is not asbestos, and the metal roof frames are rusty, are these easy to get hold off and replace?
Is that rusty as in disintegrating, or rusty as in a bit of surface rust?

I would prefer to get it repaired firstly as a new one is roughly £3500.

Are there any companies on the south coast that repair these sort of garages?
IANA quantity surveyor, but I'd be surprised if employing a builder to move the up and over and install a side door and renovate the roof would cost less than that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back