Pre finished mdf skirting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oops, just realised I posted this in the wrong forum so re-posted in Wood / Woodwork / Carpentry

I've been looking for MDF skirting which is pre-finished in white. Found DIY stores selling it ready primed but can't find anywhere which has it already finished though came across this place in Australia which does it with a UV hardened coating:

http://www.glosswood.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=61

Anybody know of something similar in the UK.

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
try at any flooring shop but personally i would go for primed mdf from a timber yard then gloss it as you will get a better looking skirting

Thanks for the reply. I did look at flooring shops but was not at all impressed with the quality, mdf with cheap vinyl stuck on, seems to me that it won't take any wear or knocks. The stuff I looked at on the Australian site seemed to be much superior. I did find some manufactured from Duropolymer at http://www.oracdecorna.com/CO414F1.HTM which really looks good but pricey.

I am coming to the same concluusion that you suggested, primed mdf, unless anybody else has a suggestion.

Thanks again

Chris

How much skirting are you after. I can finish you MDF or solid timber in any BS, Ral, Dulux or limited Farrow & Ball coulers in a precatalyst lacquer or A/C lacquer.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that but I am only after about 9m for a very small bedroom so don't think I could justify having it specially finished. As there doesn't seem to be anything of a reasonable quality off the shelf I'm going for primed mdf and will gloss it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back