Pre-mitred coving corners?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would really appreciate opinions on the (Artex) pre-mitred coving corners.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
They are OK if you don't mind filling/smoothing the gaps you will have, as ceiling corners are very rarely square.
You will also have more joins to fill.

I used them in my living room and I liked them so much I hauled it all down and started again - minus the corners!!! :LOL: :LOL:

Like Trazor says, corners are never 90 degrees and I think it looked horrible with the edges not quite right. I ended up buying the coving mitre and doing them myself - even though the mitre cut them to 90 degrees it was so much easier to sort out the gaps in one place, in the middle of the corner.

Absolutely agree,,, pre mitred coving corners look naff!! Cut your own internals as you go, and tidy them up with a little filler if you need to.

Sponsored Links
Thanks everyone, that's pretty much what we thought. Just thought it would be far quicker as my husband has always done the corners himself before and it has taken eons.

get a mitre from the diy store ..Specially for setting out the cut :idea: NOT a Box miter for carpentry ;)

Thank you, that looks better than the strange plastic beak-shaped thing he used before.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back