Preliminary pipes for central heating later

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am getting the keys to 30's semi in need of refurbishment this Friday. We'll have the place for a month before we have to move out of our existing place, so a certain amount can be done.

There is no central heating, but we're planning a rear extension and side utility extension, which we will likely start in spring 2017. The idea is to put the boiler in the new side extension and do the full central heating then.

What we'd like to do is put the pipes in the bedrooms upstairs and front room downstairs, so those rooms can be floored and decorated during the first month. We'd also like to do the flooring in the landing.

My question is, where would we be advised to route the pipes to? The bathroom is not planned to be done during the first months, so we could finish the pipes from the bedrooms there for now, to be routed further later. I am not sure how we'd route the pipes from the living room.

On the floor plan, the porch to the side of the kitchen sits in front of the garage. The side extension will take this porch to the full width of the garage.

Thanks for reading and thoughts welcome. I'll be getting a pro in to do this, just looking for opinions for now. If anyone is free in the Folkestone area from next Friday...!

J

i6Tq11pZdIdQeSCs3pvdJDGFuuDToreWepcjfznG3IuPK2ZPal30LIe3f377n7aW6Guao0yZbDGUNYY=w1440-h769

Sponsored Links
If you've posted a floor plan, I can't see it, and really need one to be able to advise further. If you can find someone to start this job next Friday at this time of year, they're short of work and probably not very good

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back