Prem 64, adding second sounder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I have a Prem elite 64w panel. I wish to add a couple of hard wired zones and a second wireless sounder.
I have modified the program on wintex to account for the new hard wired zones. What is the best sequence which to do all this as i had a few issues last time with the richocet and mesh. Shall i hook up the USB comm and send over new program first or shall i install sounder and get the panel to learn this device?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If wintex profile has all the wireless details in, then the program can be sent back to the panel.

learn on wireless bell receive into wintex.

do commissioning mode.

Thanks secure, added the second bell and extra zones no problem. Method i used was to learn the sounder and then send over the panel data into wintex. I then added the 2 extra wired zones to the program and sent back, all working great.

One further question if i may, i installed this system as a kit going up a year ago now (always prefer wired but was only going to be in the house 6 months although Coronavirus has now meant we are staying).
I did a bit of a walk test today and the Compact PW-W are really poor, even in alarm set mode when i tested them you could walk through the rooms and it would only alarm half the time. Tried altering the pulse count and lowering them a bit, still as bad. I know they are pet sensors but they are really poor and not at all sensitive. There are 3 of them and are all the same. Going to swap them for some better ones, will have to be wireless unfortunetly, any of the better texecom ones any good?

firstly, with the petwise in place start the walk test and leave 5 minutes, if they are installed at the recommended height and your not a short arse it should pick you up every time.

wireless go to sleep after activation for 3 minutes, if you temporary changed it to always wake then the should activate all the time but remember to put it back to auto or youll have flat batteries pdq.

Unless they are in a conservatory or garage, I would use the full size QD-W, they aren't cheap, not tried the compact qd equivalent which should be better, but prefer the full aerial.

You can flog your pw's on ebay and get some money back?

Sponsored Links
I have just tried setting the alarm, (as normal, no longer in eng mode and the 2 PW-W's in the living room and kitchen dont work at all.........now im confused. Having checked the program they are set correctly im sure, auto richocet device type, guard attribute, guard zone type,

Any ideas? The landing one with the same settings (apart from part one omit) works ok. All the PIR's appeared on the mesh and richocet monitor earlier when i had it hooked up?

when you say activation, do you mean alarm activation, i.e they detect...........or when the alarm is armed?

being set make no difference, its on all the time gets activated and then sleeps for 3 minutes.

Last edited:
In that case its likely ok....i have just used engineer utilities to view zone status and the PIR's cannot be activated if they have been activated within the last 3 minutes, they just stay as 'secure' on the screen. If you wait 3 minutes or more they will then show 'active'. I didnt know this :(. This was also the case if you armed the panel.........the PIR's dont work within the first 3 minutes or so.) Is this correct operation?

What is the reason for this? Because the PIR only communicated with the panel every 3 minutes?

Many thanks for your guidance secure, much apreciated.

Pirs work all the time.

But say you have one in the living room you get up close the door and then did a walk test the device will be sleeping when you open the door and won't activate close door and wait 3 mins then do walk test it should show up alternatively for testing without waiting set to always awaje

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back