Prem elite 64w - part set 1 auto arm/disarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Is it possible using control timers to have the system part arm/disarm at specific times/days? I know control timers can fully arm/disarm the system but can you do the same for part-arming?

I want to auto part arm 1 (I only have 1 part arm set up) at midnight every night and disarm at 6am every morning just in case the wife forgets to disarm in the morning. Our part set only monitors the front and back door wireless contacts. All PIR's are omitted on part-set1.

Can't have a PIR as an entry/exit as son goes downstairs for food in small hours and would trigger the entry/exit PIR.

Surely there's a way/workaround? Any help gratefully received

Sponsored Links
Do you Texecom Connect?
What firmware version are you on?
Do you have spare zones on keypad/panel hardwired expander.

Disarming shouldn’t be an issue on control timer.

No Texecom connect
Version 5.02 firmware
Yes, spare zones on both keypad (2) and zones 2 to 8 spare in panel

I thought a control timer disarm will only disarm a full set, not a part set?

I'm not too bothered about a timed arm, it's more a timed disarm (from part-set).

Last edited:
Got me questioning myself but a disarm is a disarm.

A part set or full set should be irrelevant.

Your arming the system or disarming it.

Part set just omits zones

Sponsored Links
So what areas are set
Then you need a control timer setup for those areas to dissarm

If you testing this give yourself 5 minutes before reaching the time.

Otherwise you may find it never works.

Think you need at least 2 minutes, has been covered on here before. But 5 should be plenty,

SUCCESS!!

Control timer does disarm my part-set. Result! However, although it's not possible to arm the part set with a control timer, this doesn't matter so much because I just wanted to ensure the missus didn't forget to disarm in the morning and set the alarm off.

Don't need to worry about the part-set banner text now (although that should work but doesn't for me).

Thanks for your help.

I've set the guard attribute for both the front and back door contact sensors (they are entry/exit 1 for front door and entry/exit 2 for back door.

This way instant alarm when part-set at night but entry/exit on full arm.

To part arm, you need to look at key switch on a zone and part arm option.
You wire the output into a zone and the output triggers the the keyswitch and it part arms.

Depending on which keypad/expander or panel for zones will determine on where you need to wire the output to to trigger it.

Never can remember off top of my head, but I am sure it’s been mentioned on here more than once

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back