Premia 9 Alarm Control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last night, I got a battery warning on my Premia 9 control.

Read through the forum...low or worn out battery, check type etc and replace....sounds easy so far.

Thing is, I can't find the battery! Its not in the control unit or internal sounder box, so I'm guessing it MUST be up in the Bell Box, or am I missing something?

Its a fully wired system fitted by Ace Security Bedford (according to the Bell Boxes), but the Premia 9 control panel's handbook says CQR Security Components Ltd.

Advice appreciated,

John

Sponsored Links
cqr is a manufacturer, ace security is the alarm installer.

pic of teh inside of your panel?

oh and dont forget its the panel not the keypad whre the battery is, unless of course it really is missing

pic info is in forum info

So I'm looking for a control panel other than the keypad? Obvious place would be in the garage, as the keypad is on the hall/garage wall, or would it be elsewhere?

There's no room or space for a battery in the keypad

i have no idea where it is, i dont live in the same house as you.

it really could be anywhere

Sponsored Links
Traced the wires around in the loft etc, all likely cables converge above the airing cuboard.
Metal box found in the airing cuboard behind hot water tank.......mains spur and a clump of alarm cables going to it.
4 screws holding on the cover.....will there be tamper switches on this?

regards

Tamper switch indeed............

Removing the cover revealed a YUASA NP7-12FR battery.. :D

Date on batt says 05/2005, but having looked up operating temps, the hot airing cuboard is a very poor location...no wonder its only lasted 2 years!

I guess it would cost a fortune to move the box, so looks like I'll have to replace every 2 years. Plenty available on the well known auction site for around a tenner.

The FR on the batt denotes 'Fire retardant case'. A standard NP7-12 will be ok I hope?

Thanx for the help Breezer... :D

For information, airing cuboard really not a good place for the alarm control unit.

Battery life 5 years at steady 20 degrees C, reduced to 2 years at 35 degrees (which is what my airing cuboard is) and down to less than 1 year at 40 degrees.

Would have thought a professional install like mine would have been better than this, its even right at the top of the cuboard in the hottest place, and could have been easily put either at the cooler bottom of the cuboard, adjacent bedroom or loft?

doesnt work like that.

alarm installtion engineers always put things in the most alkward place, since when its done they dont have to go back to service it.

Also when quoted, sales person will say................" and you will only have this small little box on show)

when the Installation engineer arrives he will put it out of sight, since it should not go in the loft, the next place is in your case the airing cupboard

breezer said:
doesnt work like that.

alarm installtion engineers always put things in the most alkward place, since when its done they dont have to go back to service it.

Also when quoted, sales person will say................" and you will only have this small little box on show)

when the Installation engineer arrives he will put it out of sight, since it should not go in the loft, the next place is in your case the airing cupboard

I suppose a tenner every 2 years ain't too bad for running costs...... :rolleyes:

Why not in the loft......too cold in winter???

Typically, since I've been fiddlin with it, the error code has gone away.
I'll still replace battery though.
Should I disconnect mains power before doing this?......not because I'll kill myself, but will disconnecting the battery have any detremental effect to the electronics with mains power still on?

it should not go in the loft becausethe loft is an unprotected area.

It would be fine if there was a detecor above the panel in the loft, but its more expense.

no, leave the mains on when changing the battery.if you turn it off and pull the battery there is nothing powering your alarm, your external sounder may start activate (it should) your panel may default itself. (it shouldnt, but i have seen them do it)

breezer said:
it should not go in the loft becausethe loft is an unprotected area.

It would be fine if there was a detecor above the panel in the loft, but its more expense.

no, leave the mains on when changing the battery.if you turn it off and pull the battery there is nothing powering your alarm, your external sounder may start activate (it should) your panel may default itself. (it shouldnt, but i have seen them do it)

But there IS an PIR that covers the loft hatch...... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice breezer, I'll get the battery ordered today and post again with the results.

One good thing to come from this is as I was tracing the wires around in the loft, I discovered I have two external sirens. The front one has flashy LED's, but I'd always assumed the back one (without the flashy LED's) was a dummy.. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back