Solar powered bell box - fault return query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am trying to install a solar powered bell box (Lynteck LY52-050-43) to my Accenta G4 control panel. Everything is pretty much straightforward except one function.

The bell box converter (the receiver you install next to the control panel) has (in addition to the standard terminals) fault return terminals.

According to the manual, these are used for low battery detection and bell box supervision signal. The manual advises to "select one of the zones in control panel to provide a fault return detection".

My worry is that by doing so, the system will (if armed at the time) go into alarm condition when e.g. a low battery event occurs. Am I mistaken?

Can someone please advise? Many thanks.

Screenshot of the bell box manual:

Capture1.JPG

Screenshot of the control panel manual:

Capture2.JPG

Sponsored Links
Yes .... if you need to use this function ( as the accenta is a bit basic on zone types) wire in a small buzzer via a relay ..

Just had another look at the installation manual - would setting the zone as 'unused' help in this scenario?

Capture3.JPG

Sponsored Links
What's the point ?

Please kindly correct me if I am missing something as I am only a DIY'er...

If I could still make use of the control panel zone set as unused (instead of wiring in a small buzzer as per your suggestion) to know if a supervision signal has not been received from the bell or the battery is low, that would be my preference.

If the zone is set as unused, would a low battery/supervision event only trigger the chime/low volume internal sounder? Or would this event still trigger a full alarm condition?

Hope my question makes sense?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back