Premier 24 Alarm System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Finally got my system working, can I thank everyone who gave me advice I wouldn't have done it without you.

Having problems with speech dialer sending text messages, but after a bit of research I see that this is not uncommon, I have quite a few suggestions to follow up on.

I receive phone messages OK but not texts? any ideas?

On a separate can anyone tell me if the Texecom Premier ComIP Communicator Modules work on the Premier 24 Panel, if not is there a module that connects to the LAN that is compatible with Premier 24.

More importantly ARE THEY ANY GOOD the reason I want to go down this road is that we have quite a few holidays in the winter, and I would like to be able to log into the alarm whilst we are away. In conjunction with a CCTV system I am about to install.

I run my own business so when I go away I always take my laptop & Iphone.

Sponsored Links
The Premier 24 cannot use the ComIP module, this only works on the Premier 48 and upwards.
The test message issue is not uncommon, it is not a guaranteed service, are you saying you get no messages at all or are they delayed?

I get no texts at all, I do hear the modem and then a message saying failure to connect. The telephone line is plugged into the same box as my Wifi Router and is plugged into a filter?

Dave

Sponsored Links
You need to programme in the service centre number for texts to go through. A mobile number is not sufficient.

Service centre numbers unless subscribed to are a minefield and workor dont,simple as that. Down to the networks i`m afraid, even if itis revenue.

This one seems to be the most consistant, but DO NOT RELY ON IT.

Legal disclaimer, see above.
Clameur du sparrow, vous duck :p

It might work one day not the next and xmas and new yr, expect to get a call you have been robbed a week later!! ( Just looked @ your poat b4 sending this, ahh your away xmas and new yr it seems, speech dialler would be the betetr rather than text. Or a true monitored system)

anyway...................07860 980480

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back