Premier 24 Mains Power Off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have just bought a new house and inherited a Texecom premier 24 alarm system that was in a pretty bad way when I moved in. PIR's and RKP's had simply been cut off at the wall!

After a bit of work and phone call to tech support I managed to stop all the Tamper alarms! However I now keep getting a message flashing on the control panel saying "Mains power off"

I have read the manual and this fault should be accompanied by the green light on the control box flashing which it is not! The power lights on the keypads are flashing though!

The battery in the system was dead so I have ordered a new one. Anybody any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I am not an electrician but will give as much extra info as I can in my noobish way!

Sponsored Links
You never know.

Could be a battery fault making the panel misbehave.

Any suggestions on things to try?i have completely disconnected the battery now. how can i turn the system off completely without the bell sounding. The control panels keep beeping because of the error i have entered the code and engineers code loads of times and it still beeps!very annoying!

What did "tech " say?

New battery?

What did I just say?

New battery.

So it will keep telling you it is sick.

The bell will ring if you drop power to it, that's what they are designed to do.

Got a ladder?

Sponsored Links
Tech actually said it might be a badly wired spur or the wrong voltage. Dont fancy calling an electrician just yet! I thought these systems could operate without the battery so disconnecting it should have cleared the error!obviously not though! Well i suppose I'll wait for the new battery then you might be able to help more if it continues being naughty.

So if it had been working before the spur was fine I would assume.

After some power cuts, as happens in moving the battery would have suffered and when was it last changed?

Got the imprinted code on the battery to hand, on the top and about 6/7 digits long?

That was my logic too. Sadly can't get to the panel right now. It's in my daughters cupboard and she is in bed now! I'll get it tomorrow and repost. Thanks for your replies so far.

sorry about the delay!so much to do and so little time! I have received and installed the new battery and still get the No battery and mains power off warning messages.
However the battery is clearly working as is the mains power! Confused!
Could it be a problem with the power transformer?

The premier checks the battery every 24hrs some software versions report no battery until the next test time, so give it 24hrs to see if it clears

The battery has been in for a few days now. Still getting the message. Tried a voltmeter on the battery terminals and it was only reading 10V?
Any more ideas or things to try would be greatly appreciated!

Check the fuse in the spur
Check the fuse fault lights in the panel. (Electronic fuses)
Check the transformer output.

Problem is probably transformer if the rest is fine.

Use a two probe test meter, not a volt stick or neon screwdriver, if you have either place in bin.

LOL, I used a two probe meter on the connections to the PCB (couldnt get to the terminals on the transformer) it was reading 20v

It should be about 22v ac. If you are getting 13 odd volts dc out of the voltage regulator (test the aux circuit or battery leads) then you may simply need to reboot the system.

It should be about 22v ac. If you are getting 13 odd volts dc out of the voltage regulator (test the aux circuit or battery leads) then you may simply need to reboot the system.

Like I said in an earlier post, battery leads were reading 10v dc. Does this all point to a dodgy transformer?
When you say reboot is it simply just a case of unplug battery and disconnect ac mains then just reconnect?
Sorry to sound so dumb just want to make sure I am doing it right!
I'll test the spur fuse when I get home tonight but it is all powered on so I'm guessing it's not that. I dont recall seeing any LEDs or anything on inside the panel so the electronic fuses must be ok...

Think I might just buy the transformer and see what happens!

A transformer is a bobbin of wire - why do you think that it's broken down? If anything it'll be the voltage regulator.

Yes just reboot as you said.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back