Premier 24, Wintex SMS Centre Number

I can dial into the panel remotely without problem.
The com2400 sends the texts - or at least did do!

Do I log into the engineering via wintex or on site using the keypad?

I am now no longer at the property although am back at the weekend... but there is someone there if I need there help and I am on wintex remotely.

Sorry, can you explain in more detail please?

thank you

Sponsored Links
Any help on this is much appreciated - need to try and sort this weekend if possible.

Many thanks

I've not done the following, as suggested, because I don't know how to i'm afraid...

"log into engineering and find the following. (x) s the quick number access rather than scroll through.

udl digi options(7).

1. program digi (3), you details in here.
2. digi options(4), digi enabled, dial all numbers only turn on if using more than 1 ARC ie 3 or more numbers, or more than 1 set of coms.
3. setup modules(7), sms centre numbers in here for the service your using the 480 one is no longer available.
4.comport (8), on board digi, com2400

The modem level is set in global options (3), system options(2) scroll down to modem level."

is it from the keypad or wintex remotely? I cannot get onto wintex locally as I don't have the right cable.

You would have been better uploading the config and posting the comms screen shots

Sponsored Links
None of the configuration has changed which is the strange thing...

Logged into engineering area... fathomed that bit out and changed the modem count level to 2...

Still not working.

If I try doing a test call, it sometimes says number not recognised... but if I dial off the landline it works.

Them, sometimes the modem does't seem the end the call - the line just ends up engaged for ages...

Last edited:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Hopefully screen shots attached... I've shortened the mobile numbers to keep them private.

I think I've messed up the settings on engineer mode as now when I exit, the alarm isn't even trying to dial- i.e. Showing a fault as it was before?!

okay I

dial all numbers only required if ARC 1 and ARC 2 are programed up.

you can still dial in okay?, just at default the 2 call answer phone defeat is turned on not off?

Okay, will change that.

Can still dial in fine.

Think answer phone defeat is off. If I call back a second time after 3 rings it doesn't answer. I did use to have that turned on. Not sure why it changes.

if you can still access the panel then I wouldn't be worried but the answer phone defeat is designed so the system rings, disconnects and then when it dials in second time it goes straight into the panel, defeating anything else that would normally pick the line up after a few rins, answer phone/ fax etc.

however that shouldn't affect out going messages.

during a test call you should see dialling connecting, sending being displayed during the test sequence

What is a test call? Is that within the engineering login mode?

When I was on site and tried that, it didn't seem to dial...

you wont be able to do a test call whilst using wintex on the phone line.

however from the keypad, enter engineers code (zone setup), press 7 (udl digi options) press yes, press 1 (Test calls) press yes, Press 0 to start test call.

Thanks- I did try that over the weekend - I don't recall what it said but it didn't seem to dial, it was like it was waiting for a dial tone. It was doing something though as the phone line went from having a dial tone to just being 'dead'.

On a couple of occasions it dialled and then said this number is not available- but when I dial the number from the landline it works.

What's strange now, is that the alarm doesn't even seem to be trying to dial up on entry/ exit and no error messages are being shown. I've changed something but not sure what- the box is still ticked for the user where it reports entry - exit etc.

Argh!!!

normally you would get waiting dial tone (rarely see that as if theres a dial tone, it goes to dialling very quickly)

wait dial tone, dialing, connecting, connected, sending

if its waiting dial tone, then it cant see the phone line to dial out, you can test across R and T of the dialler to see if the line voltage is present, I would also put the answer phone defeat back on. If something is already engaging the line then clearly you wont be able to dial out.

Thanks - I will put answer phone defeat back on but would be surprised if that's solved it as I know the line is clear.

I think it just gets to wait dial tone.

Starting to wonder if there is noise on the line or something.

Can I test the line voltage from the phone line?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back