Texecom Premier 24 and Wintex questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

A few questions if I may for a novice!

I have a Premier 24 with a Com 2400 communicator. I very rarely use Wintex to log into the panel as its always a bit of a pain with the old dial up modem I have, set up only for my old computer. 2 questions therefore:

1 - my old laptop that I can access wintex on has been replaced with a Macbook. Is there anyway I can get wintex to run on this, using a plug in USB type modem?

2 - I think there are various upgrades I could make to the Premier 24 panel to make it more user friendly remotely using either a ComWIFI or a COMIP or a GSM module. The question is, will this mean I no longer need to battle with Wintex? Can I receive email notifications and could I arm/ disarm the panel on the internet? Is it a simple swap?! I didn't install the alarm myself...

Sorry, second question is a bit vague but I don't understand the various options available to me.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I think the software version is also 8.25. Not sure it's been upgraded since installation if that makes a difference...? Should I upgrade it and can I do that from wintex too?!

Sponsored Links
Okay, thanks. Which is preferable over those two? Will both still be able to send texts?

Assume PIRs will remain compatible so it's only the panel that would need to be changed.

Wifi cheaper but I've heard about issues with the com wifi, I've got a com IP as my panel is next to the router had a couple of issues but seems stable at the moment , you can use your alarm via the free app and receive push notifications from the alarm

Okay, thanks. will they send gets too?

What panel do I need?

How much roughly would I be looking at for a new panel and install?

I could go COMIP as the router is very close...

The com wifi should work on the same principal but haven't tried it.

The basic is in wintex you can log in with an ip address, so as long as your router points to the panel with the ip address assigned to the comip/ com wifi module you should be able to connect.

The Premier 24 doesn't get programed at all, so its a bit like using a usb com lead but instead its ip (if that makes any sense).

Thanks, so to use the app I would need a new panel?

Or I can use a comip and access Wintex online, without having to dial up? Sorry, not sure I understand how this works. How would I physically connect to it? Keen to avoid using my existing dial up modem.

Also, not following: 'The Premier 24 doesn't get programed at all, so its a bit like using a usb com lead but instead its ip (if that makes any sense)'. Sorry!!

Premier 24.

COM IP Yes
Wintex Yes
Online Keypad yes (windows only )
App NO
Notifications NO

Great, thanks. Do I need any special access to Texecom to be able to access the Wintex online?

Is it a simple plug and play for the comip or will I need to get an installer in?

You have wintex already.

you need to know the ip address assigned to the comip module.
you can then forward to that router from the outside world to the ip module and that will connect to the panel.

Ah, had thought I might need a newer or different Wintex. Presume I just put the IP address somewhere into Wintex instead of dialing up.

Is it just a case of plugging in the comip or do I need to add something else?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back