Telecom Premier 24 - problem using Wintex to download log.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My set-up comprises a Premier 24 with a Com2400 digimodem attached (via the SELV connector).

I wish to download the events log, and am using Wintex V7 on my lap-top which has a USB to Serial UART (5v RXD & TXD levels) interface which I have been using to try and connect to the TX and RX pins on Com 2 (?) on the Premier 24 board.

Unfortunately when I run the Wintex program and hit ‘Connect’ then ‘Connect using Modem 1’ I see a window showing ‘Initialising Modem’ and then an error message appears ‘The modem did not respond - please check that the modem is switched on’.

I suspect that I have to set up the Premier 24 to configure its Com 2 in order to enable it to talk to my lap-top but despite carefully reading the installation Manual I cannot see how to achieve this.

I’d be most grateful if someone in the know can tell me what I need to do to sort out this problem.

Many thanks in anticipation.

- Dave.

Sponsored Links
8426FB9C-BF92-4878-9CA0-D78B3050F41E.jpeg Like this

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back