Premier elite 12w problem with smartkey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
Cant force my smartkeys to full arm my system. When presing button, led light start to flash but on keypad screen appears:
2 part radio arm
Press yes to confirm

Then i need to press yes on keypad and arming procedure starting.
When presing 'part arm button' everything is ok, straight away arming is starting.

One more thing. There are three diffrent 'part arm' modes in system.
Which one is activated when using part arm button on smartkey?
Couldnt find anything in manuals about programming smart key part time options.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
One more problem.
During walk test my PIRs are working (Wireless)
When system is armed they are not. Zones has been set up as a Guard. I even have removed all atribiutes to make setings identical with back door contact and still nothing. Magnetic contacts works properly but PIRs are dead.
What did I miss?

Sponsored Links
Ye, at auto. All manuals I have are up to" remote test on/off" option and not a word about those settings. Will check hybrid tomorrow and let know. Thanks.

Hi you testing the alarm shortly after setting it?

Try setting the alarm and testing the pirs after 3 minutes.

Always awake runs the batttery down quick though.
Hybrid makes device come on when system is set.

I Just leave the device in the default mode now. I do remember they had hell on when they first introduced the hybrid for the DT's and the normal qd's and xt's didnt always appear to work well in hybrid mode, so they made the default mode auto for none DT and hybrid for the DT. however may be thats been addressed and you can select hybrid with no issues?

Yep, changing to hybrid solved my problem. Thanks a lot.

During my tests for the first time I have armed system as a engineer. After alarm was triggered I couldn't silent external bell. Entering engineer code didnt silent alarm. Have tried users codes, smart keys. Nothing. Have to wait 3 minutes to silent bell. Does alarm armed in engineer mode has different method of silencing ? How to silent bell if something like this will happen again ?

arming as an engineer, means you have isolated the zones from the rest of the system by selecting the engineer alarm in attributes 2 for each zone.

Its been a long time since I used this feature as it is designed for large installations and test a small part of that installation.

then when you select the arming menu, and yes to arm, then no to log off and arm system is the correct scenario and only the zones with the attribute should function.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back