Texcom smartkey pairing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. Have a texecom alarm, with a number of proximity fobs and 2 * smartkeys...
both were working fine, but for some reason one of them not working now.
When you press the button to power up the smart key the light flashes blue for a bit, then goes red... the flashes blue for a bit and then goes red... it carries on doing this for about 30 seconds and then powers off.
Its like the smart key can't make a connection with the alarm system
The other one is fine - when you power it on it flashes blue, and then connects to the alarm and the other lights light up to show the status and you can then change the arming mode.

I have been into user mode, and tried to drop the smart key from the user and then go through the re-learning process, but it doesn't pick it up - I guess as its not connecting to the alarm.

Any ideas on this and how to get the smart key to reconnect to the alarm system again...?

thanks, matt

Sponsored Links
If you have deleted off the system and can't learn itback on its either broke or not enough power in it.

The other is working so suggests panel and receiver is okay.

Did you flash the panel up?

Hi everyone and apologies for tagging to this thread but I am having same very similar issue. my smart keys no longer connecting after having the panel firmware updated. Tried relearning the keys but the 20second timer runs down but key does not get paired again. Any help is very much appreciated as this is driving me crazy trying to figure it out. I have a smart com system as well as I have other wireless devices (Ricochet) connected such smoke alarms.

Thanking in advance as I would really appreciate any help or advice in trying to fix this.

Sponsored Links
Hi Secureiam, Thank you for your reply and suggestion. I will start a fresh thread.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back