premier elite 24 adding a relay to control garage door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi:)

i have been using a sonoff sv and mqtt to open my garage door with my phone up to now but am concerned about the security of it all. so want to utilise my premier elite 24 and smartkeys.

would this relay be compatible?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Elmd...518216?hash=item2ce7dc0948:g:AkEAAOSwhX5b2DZJ

if so how is it wired in? obviously 12v/0v i'm happy with, and it must be connected to the garage door connections and a programmable output on the alarm board.

but how exactly? or can anyone provide a picture please?

i take it its wired normally open to the garage door connections so when the relay energises it makes the connection and opens the door? if that is the case where does the programmable input wire into?

hopefully that makes sense:-/

thx in advance

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
power from panel and an output wired to relay trigger programmed as PC control 1

you will need to make sure your smartkey is programmed on the panel to use this feature.

No idea on the garage door connections without knowing what connections its got available.

I would expect you to wire the common and the normally open or normally closed to the garage door to trigger it/

Many thanks for the reply

So that relay should be compatible then?

I'm happy with the door wiring, just connecting up the alarm panel control not as sure.

I'll grab the relay and hopefully things will be a little clearer with it in front of me

Right I have the relay and am happy with all the wiring etc.

Using wintex I've set Panel Output 1 to Pc Control 1. Is that it or do I need to have a certain attribute checked?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Erm not sure what you mean sorry:-/

On my previous setup an mqtt packet was sent over WiFi to activate a relay on a sonoff sv.

when the relay is energised it made the connection to the garage door (same as if the open/close physical button is pushed) opening/closing the door.

I think I just need to replicate this setup using the smartkey and premier elite 24 panel.

So the plan is (unless there is a better way) to house the relay inside the alarm panel.
Wire 12v/0v panel (10 on pcb diagram) to 12v/0v on relay pcb.
Wire output 1 500mA panel (8 on pcb diagram) to trigger on relay pcb.
Then wire from NO & COM to relevant garage door connections.

If Poss I'd like to achieve:
hit a button on the smartkey, that sends a trigger via output 1 on the panel,
This then energises the relay making the garage door contacts, which then opens/closes the garage door.

I've set output 1 on the panel to Pc Control 1 in wintex, to achieve the above do I need to set a certain attribute as well?

Many thanks for the help really appreciate it:)

I presume that the garage door controller just needs a momentary pulse to open the door? If so, assign the Pulse 1 attribute to your output and then change the Pulse 1 timer to about 5 seconds. That way, if the button is pressed, the output will switch for 5 seconds and automatically reset awaiting the next trigger.

bit of an update in case anybody in the future is trying to do the same

the relay above works a treat, in the end i couldn't get output 1 working so switched to the digicom output 1, set that to PC Control 1 with the pulse attribute selected as advised, adjusted the pulse timing to 1 sec and tested it all via wintex where it all works as it should.

now trying to get it working in the texecom connect app as might go down a different route than the smart keys

now trying to get it working in the texecom connect app as might go down a different route than the smart keys

Program a text description for PC output 1 in global settings, log in to the app as engineer/manager and do a "sync panel". It should appear under "rooms, control outputs"

managed to get that working in the app. I've had the app setup before when i first installed the panel, 2 keypads, a few pirs etc (renovating my house and system only half installed atm), it was buggy then and i see it unfortunately hasn't improved :-/

to get my wife to use the garage door as access it needs to be easy, the app takes too long to load (if it loads) and then there are too many menu steps to operate the door.

so i'm going to try and get the smartkeys running instead.

i have the door setup now, and like i say can operate via wintex or the app. I have 1 smartkey learnt.

can anyone point me in the direction of instructions on setting the smartkey up to control the pc control output, and map the buttons etc? info on the smartkeys apart from learning them seems to be scarce, info i've found mentions the garage door feature, but does not say how to do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back