Premier Elite 24 - how many zones?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Premier Elite 24 with an 8XE expander (internal), an 8XP-W and a Premier LCDP keypad. I make that 18 wired zones (8+8+2) and 7 or 8 wireless zones. I am not sure about the wireless zones as I have read that the 8XP-W ends up giving 7 wireless zones.

Can someone confirm my zone quantities as I need to add 3 off PIR and the system is pretty full so may need to add wireless PIRs.

Sponsored Links
You have a maximum of 24 zones
8 on panel
8 on 8XE
8 on 8XP or 32-XPW

You can’t allocate zones twice.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the help so far, definitely making progress.

Having replaced the battery in the panel and the batteries in each of the two wireless shock sensors, I am now down to two System Alerts,

Battery Fault: Zone 021
and
Cloakroom PIR

So, a few questions,

- how do I identify Zone 021? I assume it is from the 8XP-W but have swapped batteries in the only 2 wireless devices (shock sensors) I can find.
- there is no PIR in the Cloakroom. Again, how do I identify which zone number this is to allow me to check the device on the end and the cable run?
- as I have inherited this installation from a long gone installer, am I best to initialise the panel and start from scratch as if a new installation?

All advice welcome.

Andrew

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back