Texecom Premier - Bitten off more than I can chew :(

Well, I have found the answer! Turns out the shop that sold me the Expander did not know what he was talking about, and despite saying it was the new expander, it was old stock. I knew both had to have the latest firmware on it, but trying to find out what firmware is on the expander can only be done by attaching a usb cable to the com port on the expander and then connecting it to the Ricochet software.

And sorry secureiam if I bit your head off, just by then I had had enough of the"expert" shop that sold me the xp w, he was telling me I needed to get a professional engineer in and was quite insulting that I would even dare to try to do this myself (then why sell it to me!!) .... when it was his stock that was the problem.

Sponsored Links
glad its sorted, new but out of date stock is a big problem, best to check before you leave but then again you need to know what you are looking for.

update your threads elsewhere as resolved would be useful.

That was the problem, I knew what I had to buy, so when I asked the shop keeper, is this the latest, he gave me wrong information. I am so annoyed with him, he should know what he is selling!

Once again, thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back